Friday, July 25, 2008

Mental Arithmetic

Do u have some special skill that make you proud of yourself? Music, singing, dancing, yoyo, cubix cube...


None of the above are my talent. lol. it is a sad 1 isn't it. However, i do think that something that my mom forced me to study when i am still a young girl has now become my talent. Mental Arithmetic. It is a fast calculation on numbers. Learned it since i am a 8 years old girl and finished the whole course when i am 13. Not quit or what. but got the certificate which prove that i had achieve level 2~.. For mental arithmetic, the books are getting bigger when u step up to a higher level. the biggest book i had was a book as big as 4 test book tie together! is very long. It is a very stressful process. Cause my teacher is not normal teacher but Ms Liu~ she is the worst but best teacher in the centre (taman megah, opposite ming tien beside dim sum shop) We got to take exam every 3 months, something like u pay money get another cert~. Tat's the China dunno what cert~.. so. don't care.


Compare to my sister, she is not that good in that, after taking it for 3 months i think, stopped. I don't know why my mom allowed her to stop but not me.. zzZ. I remember 1 time, i told my mom i got fed up on that, want to quit. Guess what she did. Coz that time she is driving. so when she got my message, she just stop her car in the road side and started scolding me. . . . i think i got a slap for that. Since that day, i don't even dare to ask for that no matter how sick i got with it. haizz. For your information, my sister can draw and write very well.



My personal abacus~.. nice rite.
i lost the one my teacher gave me. that is nicer.

Abacus, the suan pan. we used it very often. But after we reached higher level, the abacus will only be use when there is some 5 or 6 digits number. normal calculation such as
4567+8745-6523-98-654+985= 5052

will not be using abacus but hand and brain~.. deng deng. so.. not easy rite.


MY 1st trophy in mental arithmetic.
It was my only 1 i think. coz after that year,
they give out certificates~




3rd place. I study very hard for that exam just to beat my friend. but
at the end, he got 1st~ zzZ..


My 1st certifcate. got more than 20 pieces of this thing. this is the easiest 1.
beside this got frame, the other 19 had throwed away by mom due to the
bad quality of the paper (or she didnt keep it nicely. )xD


anyway, my calculation is not as good as last time. Not only that, my math is also not good in school. so, having this skill don't mean that u are going to get straight A's in math subjects. :)


No comments: